Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday - Giant Pandas, Bamboo, and Suckers

Hey this is Cami. Today's highlight was seeing the Giant Pandas, but we also went to a Bamboo Park, Tea House again (tea is like Chinese coffee), Sil k House, and a Show. Today was our last day together with our tour group and guides. We had an awesome group. One of our tour guides sang for us. I will miss them all.
The Bamboo Park was so beautiful and peaceful. There were 100 different kinds of bamboo in that park. Some of the bamboo were so big they looked like trees. Wow! As we walked through the park, we heard cicadas buzzing in the trees. They were very loud and sounded like rattle snakes. We also had to watch for poop drops from the egret birds that were in the trees above.


The tea house was in the bamboo park so while traveling to there we saw two sucker making stands. These suckers weren't the cheesy boring ones you get in the store, they were very elaborate. The women making them would scoop candy syrup into a spoon and drizzle it on a platter making intricate-lacy sucker shapes. Lora, Shanae, Lynea, and I all got one. We spun a wheel that decided what shape we got. We all landed on the big sucker spot. The lady whooped. I had to spin twice because the first time I spun too hard and my hand knocked the spinner off its track. It was embarrassing. I told Lora that don't know my own strength, but she just said that I just get bad luck. Our butterscotch suckers were huge none of us could finish them.
The tea everyone (except us) drank was jasmine. It smelled really good. While drinking the tea, the hosts offered a shoulder and ear massage. The ear massage sounded awkward to me. They would go inside your ear massage it and take out your ear wax. The benefit sounded good though: better hearing. Several people got shoulder massages including Dad. He said it felt really good and aid that he would give each of us one. Help me remind him. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment