Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tuesday city tours continued

I thought they looked pretty cute and were very cheap but the girls insisted they would never wear them. We bought a few small things but had seen some beautiful dresses at a small shop near our hotel we wanted to go back to later which were better priced. After shopping we went to ride what used to be the tallest ferris wheel in the world. Singapore now has one a little larger. Only the girls were going t ride, but Fiona told the person putting people on the cars that I was the English teacher for this group of girls on an excursion and they let us all on the the price of the two tickets we had purchased. it seemed like each time she bargained for us all day she would come back to us giggling and say ""I tell a lie"n tell them I will bring many customers back to you" and she probably will, but she surely enjoys this kind of bargaining!
I had not planned to get on because I am so afraid of heights but was just sort of ushered in because of the circumstance. It was really not too bad because nit goes so slowly that they never stop it even when people get off and on. The car was all enclosed and the views were so beautiful. It was just very hot The windows of the tiny car amplified the sun so we were really melting by the time the ride ended, which was abut half an hour. Cami says to tell you I never let them near the door of the car just nervous about it all! But I really did pretty well for me!

After that 'Fiona suggested dinner. I told her I did not want to spend much on dinner. 'she did her little bargaining routine on us and said this was our last night in Cami's city and we may never come there again. She said she wanted us to experience a different local dinner.. We said OK okay but I told her again just something light, did not want to spend much money. She said she understood. We went again to a little local restaurant. I told her this was the end of a very long expensive trip and I could not afford much for this dinner...think i was getting prompting I didn't act on...she said "I know, I know" We had a potato dish in kind of curry sauce chicken wings and a fish stewed in spices, whole fish on plate, eyes and all. Cami says to let you know the fish was so spicy her lips burned for quite a while. We also tasted coconut milk, which we loved. After dinner she told me it was 585 RMB which is about $98. Needless to say I was not happy with her or myself and slept little that night. I asked for the travel agency's address from our next day guide and told her we were very unhappy the prior gue ignored my requests, and they refunded a little, but I am sure that is the most expensive fish we will ever eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment